Visii's API uses meaningful events collected about your customers to provide tailored product recommendations. As our algorithm learns from these interactions, whilst using our widgets and across other important pages of your site, we are able to derive insights that improve results and provide client dashboards generated from this data.
# How you send us data
Depending on the integration of Visii technology, whether a widget provided by us or direct via the Vision API, the data requirements are the same. Each request can contain additional information to link your user sessions across multiple visits to your site, to eventual purchase along with other meaningful events outside the pages containing Visii's recommendations.
You will have to use our Analytics API or add the Analytics client side library to your site for our algorithm to work.
# What data we require
- You may not pass, directly or via a third party, information to us that we could use or recognise as personally identifiable information.
- This includes any personal data, like email addresses or full IP addresses to our servers unless you have received our approval. Any such data, if identified, will be immediately and irrevocably deleted.
consent:0to all requests that include an identifier.
- You may pass customer event data (details in Analytics API) that indicate interest, purchase events and other meaningful actions. This event data is used to improve product recommendations your customer(s) is / are shown.
- We need an anonymous identifier for non-authenticated users.
- Once authenticated, their user id must be appended to the list of identifiers.
- IP addresses should be only provided truncated - with the last octet removed - to avoid becoming personally identifiable.
# How to communicate with your customers
We require you provide a clear and simple method of consent to the storing and accessing of cookies (and other storage methods) along with description of their usage wherever Visii is deployed. Visii's can be found here (opens new window). You should adhere to the strictest privacy regulation between where your business is located, the EU (where Visii is regulated) and your customers.